Description - Hands on assistance provided to Medicaid qualified recipients adults or children who due to a physical disability, cognitive impairment, or chronic medical condition are unable to accomplish tasks that they would ordinarily do for themselves if they were not disabled.
Service Description - Assistance with daily living activities (ADL) for up to 80 hours per month by para-professionals in such activities as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting transfers and mobility. Individuals who qualify for these services are not required to meet nursing facility level of care requirements. In addition to ADL assistance home management tasks related to the recipient's ADL deficit may be covered as well. Example: Cleaning bathroom after assisting with a bath or cleaning kitchen after meal preparation.
• Assist with bathing
• Assist with dressing
• Assist in Ambulation
• Assist in toileting
• Monitor vital signs • B/P, B/S
• Shaving and skin care • Nail Care
• Mouth/denture care
• Equipment setup
• Assist in feeding and/or cutting food and/or utensil use
• Client laundry
• Basic housekeeping tasks
• Make unoccupied bed
• Prepare simple meals
• Recognize and report changes in health and environment
• Medication reminders
• Shop for groceries, medications and essentials needed by client from verbal or written instructions
• Observe and report symptoms of abuse, neglect and illness to proper professional
• Assist to find and use community resources
• Assist in organizing household routines
Assist with personal hygiene (bathing, dressing, toileting), ambulation, meal preparation, socialization/orientation, cutting food/feeding as well as home management tasks.
Respite services are available as well.